Friday, March 17, 2006

It's finally done...

Well, it has been three and a half years and we finally submitted Juan Carlos' dissertation to the graduate school today, so he is officially Dr. Martín! We have enjoyed North Carolina so much and we are hoping for a way to stay right here, but of course we have to go where the jobs are. But back to the dissertation!!! Juan Carlos gets a little hysterical when he is trying to deal with the more complicated functions of Microsoft Word, so as he was trying to format his dissertation for publication I had to step in to prevent him from throwing his computer out the window. Working with his manuscript was a real eye-opener for me. Just seeing the work he had to do to format the thing was enough to deter me from wanting to start a PhD program. Juan Carlos has worked so hard in this program and as I formatted the 229 pages for publication I realized just how much work he put into the dissertation. It is one thing to hear about what he is writing about and quite another to read through it as a complete work. I realize yet again how extraordinary Juan Carlos is and how lucky I am to be married to such a mover and a shaker.

No comments: