Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Shameless Wannabe

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a possibly too-negative post about starting school. I have to say that things are radically different this year, at least so far. I am still trying to come to grips with that, so I will write more about that at a later time. In the meantime, I am once again shamelessly copying Lara, who sent a very interesting career personality test and I thought it was cool, as is most everything that Lara thinks or does, which is why I want to be just like her.

Your career personality is decided entirely by the colors that you like or don´t like to look at. It was hard for me, because I love all the different colors so it was difficult to choose favorites.

Here are my results:


BEST OCCUPATIONAL CATEGORY:
You're a CREATOR
Key Words: Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional


These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer. (Does Spanish Teacher count?)

CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

2nd BEST OCCUPATIONAL CATEGORY

You're a SOCIAL MANAGER (I love this title, it is so completely what I do!)
Key Words: Tactful, Cooperative, Generous, Understanding, Insightful, Friendly, and Cheerful
This very social type enjoys working in groups, sharing responsibilities, and being the center of attention. Fields of interest are instructing, helping, nurturing, care giving and instructing-especially young people. They discuss and consider feelings in order to solve problems, lead, direct, persuade, guide, organize and enlighten others.


Obviously I am in the right place doing the right thing for my personality. Take the test and see what career personality you have!

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

You're too nice...

I'm thinking it's interesting how many of my friends show up with Creator for #1. :) It is a very cool test. I want Joel to take it.