Monday, October 06, 2008

Finally...Ciabatta!

Ever since I married JC, I have heard about how bad American bread is. Although he is a little bit of a food snob, I have to allow that if I had grown up with his mother's cooking I would be, too. And, having eaten European bread myself, I have to concede that he is right--Wonder Bread just can't be compared.

Anyway, a goal of mine has been to make European-style bread. It has taken eight years, and I know more about yeast and gluten and flour than I ever thought possible, but yesterday I finally got it right:




JC ate the whole loaf right before my eyes. I wish I had taken a picture of that!!! Too bad it takes two days to make. At least he will know I really love him when I do!

2 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

ooooh...

I have The Breadmaker's Apprentice, but I've never taken the time to do those fussy/time-taking breads.

But now I am more inclined to. Good job!

Lara Neves said...

Amazing! Looks great. I applaud your efforts, from one wife of a food snob to another.