Monday, January 26, 2009

My First Blog Award

I got this award from my friend Lara this week:





I was so surprised because I know my blog is pretty boring most of the time--I don't have cute kids or interesting hobbies that I write about. So I feel very proud, especially since Lara is the blog meister. Anyway, with this award I have to talk about 5 things that I love and tag 5 other blogs that I love. So here goes:


1. Middle school literature. I love love love it. Maybe it's the freshness and open possibilities, but I just can't get enough.


2. Science fiction/Fantasy movies or books. Again, can't get enough. Maybe I have problems with reality.


3. My 13 nieces and nephews. I continually harrass my brothers and sisters for photos.


4. Fleece. I am really and truly obsessed.


5. My job, where I get to act like a total idiot every day and get paid for it. (Except for when grades are due, and then I hate it passionately)


I am bequeathing this award to the following blogs:


1. Daily Symphony by Erin Leithead. I met Erin in North Carolina and she was such a good friend to me. She moved back to Utah and I was very bummed. It turned out great for her, but not so great for me! Erin has so many interesting things that she posts about, from life with her two adorable little girls to programs that she finds online or recipes that she recommends. I love her blog and I wish she didn't live in SEATTLE. (Honestly, can you GET farther away from Rhode Island?)


2. Gorgeous Georges by Susanna George. Sue does the best in my family at posting pictures of the kids. She also has like 1 million friends so the comment section on her blog is always packed with fun responses. I check every day to see how my little niece and nephews are doing.

3. Gobblin Market by Emma Forsyth. I am giving Emma this award as an encouragement because she has been EXTREMELY lax about posting in the last year and I am in revolt. I loved reading about the books she is reading and the scrum-diddly-umptious recipes that she would prepare, describe and demonstrate oh-so-mouthwateringly! Not to mention that she now has a Berner to take pictures of. Get posting already!

4. Witness to Insanity by Stephanie Birkinshaw. Stephanie was one of my companions on my mission in France who literally saved my sanity. She has three adorable boys and I love reading about her adjustment to life with her baby-boy twins Alex and Brady.

5. Give me a few words for a woman to sing by Rachel Porcaro. I don't think I have ever met anyone more real than Rachel. We lived close when we were in North Carolina at graduate school but those darn jobs took us to different states. I miss her and love keeping up by reading her blog.

Okay everyone--go out there and love some blogs!

5 comments:

Susanna said...

Annie, I started crying when I read what you said about my blog! I love that you look at it and that you think about me. I think about you everyday and wish that we didn't need blogs to keep up. I love you!

Lara Neves said...

I'm so happy that you passed it on, because I didn't know that Stephanie had a blog. And Sue's and Emma's blogs both sound so fun! I will have to check them out. I love Rachel's blog, too.

Stephanie said...

wahoo! I can't remember the last time I got an award. Thanks! I'll put a special post out there for you soon.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow, Annie! Thank you! You're so kind. :)

Can you tell I'm a bit behind on things? I *love* reading your blog. I miss you and JC. And if I ever get a dog, I want one just like yours.