Thursday, January 22, 2009

Parlez-vous français

Next week I will teach my first French class in 9 years. I am TERRIFIED! It has been so long and in that time I have taught only Spanish. JC and I only use French to tell secrets and since we don´t have that many we don´t use French much! I am so used to using Spanish in the everyday that I am a little concerned about getting up in front of a class and trying to run it in a different language. It is very embarrassing to be speaking one language and blurt out something in another. (Yes, I know from experience) Or worse, teach a grammatical principle that applies to the wrong language!

At least it´s French 1.

4 comments:

Lara Neves said...

You'll do great, my lingusitic genius! (I would say something clever here in French, but Ha! It's my worst language.)

I remember being in the MTC and if I couldn't think of the word in Romanian, I would blurt it out in German or Italian. (Never French, sadly. See above.)

Also, because apparently Lara Neves seems like it should be a Spanish name, I frequently get calls from Spanish speaking telemarketers. And then my mind goes into foreign language mode and I start telling them I don't speak Spanish. In Romanian.

Anyway, you'll do great. I know!

TheHQforHQ said...

You'll be great I'm sure. Good luck!

queendeni said...

Oh annie, are you kidding me?? It is like riding a bicycle for you!

Susanna said...

You will be fabulous Annie! I bet after a few minutes it will be like you are on you mission again!
Good Luck!