Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heaven

Bach has always been one of my favorite composers.  I have loved Bach for different reasons throughout my life—order, beauty, drama, richness, detail, you name it, he’s got it.
I am singing  Jesu, Meine Freude next week at Tanglewood, and over the last four weeks I have been in an utter panic to memorize the German (and the music, since it is a pretty complex piece). Also having the Poulenc Gloria to memorize adds to the hysteria. Plus school starts next week so I am trying to get lesson plans, etc. ready for that. So this week is crunch week and I am spending most of my time sitting with the Ipod and my copied-out German trying to force it into my German-disabled brain. What I have learned is that this is a breath-taking piece and I love it.
This section is one of my favorite parts and as I was working on it tonight I actually stopped singing because I just wanted to listen to how beautiful it was. And here's what happened:

For 3 minutes and 50 seconds, everything in the world was perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.