Saturday, August 28, 2010

That Other Place

Remember my last post about heaven? Well, listening to Bach is a different story entirely than memorizing and singing it. I have memorized sections and then gone back a bit later and it's like I never saw it before! And since the concert is tomorrow, I should probably have it learned, right?

I really should have studied German in school.

So I correct myself: Listening to Bach is heaven. Getting it ready for performance is much more reminiscent of that other place! Until I get it memorized, of course. Four more pages until it's heaven again!!!

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Isn't it funny? German is usually a breeze for me, but French is my worst nightmare! :)

rachel said...

Why is it so hard to memorize now? It was a breeze in college, wasn't it? We're getting OLD!