Saturday, January 01, 2011

Just That

"Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means provided to enable you...but be diligent unto the end."
D&C 10:4

 Since I am mostly continuing my goals for this year, I have decided to focus on this scripture and try to incorporate it more fully into my life. I think this means prioritizing the things that are important and giving my energy and attention to the things that are most important. In other words, it's time to cut out the rif-raff, because a person can only do so much. Some things I cannot cut out and they are going to be my focus this year:

1. Church stuff. Just can't cut it out. Don't really want to cut it out. So it stays.

2. Work. Must be done. (secretly love this, too)

3. Singing. All other activities get suckier if I don't do this.

4. Health.  Can't get away from it, and I'd like to stave off the aging for as long as possible.

5. Husband. This one's REAL easy to focus on, and good thing since #1-4 are going to be hard enough.

I often wonder how other people do resolutions, or how they don't do them. What do you plan for 2011?

1 comment:

Annette Bailey said...

Wow Annie, you two have been busy this year! Looking over your resent posts makes me feel like a boring homebody - though, of course, I'm not! :)

Clarence still talks about your wonderful voice and how much he misses accompanying all the great singers of our Chapel Hill ward. I hope we get to hear you perform again someday!

You know, I haven't really taken the time to think about specific resolutions for this year, but after reading your blog I think I've been formulating new things to focus on for a while now. In years past my goals were to remember myself as an individual and not get lost in the family shuffle. I'm definitely going to continue with that but I'm also going to separate my family into individuals, instead of lumping them all together to make "controlling the masses" easier. If been noticing their little personalities a lot lately and feel that now is the time for us all to appreciate our differences.

Thanks for the inspiration!