Thursday, December 30, 2010

Resolute

2010 has to have been one of the busiest years of my life. And while keeping resolutions has never been one of my strengths, it’s something that I like to do because at some point, I do actually make some progress.  This year the progress was good in some areas, but unfortunately I regressed in some areas. I have been thinking about what I want to focus on in the next year, but in the meantime, here is the recap of my resolutions for 2010:

#1: Paying off our debt: a
I have to say that the only way I could  be happier about this resolution is if somehow we managed to not have a house payment. However, all things considered, knowing we don’t have anything else out there hanging over our heads makes a huge difference in my peace of mind. And we have been very very lucky in that we are both gainfully employed and have never been in danger of losing our jobs. The way things are going these days, we are very grateful, believe me.

#2: Hiking all the Rhode Island Greenways:   a-
Next time I make a resolution like this I will look more closely at the map! We did a lot of hiking this year and made it through The Blackstone River Bikeway, the Ten Mile River Bikeway and parts of the East Bay Bike Path. We also did some walking and running trails around Newport. However, there are a lot more to go! So this one is going to be a continuing resolution, because we really enjoyed getting to know Rhode Island this year.

#3: Going to bed by 10:30 at night:   r
EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!
Now, I knew there would be nights where this wasn’t going to happen. Like anytime we were in Spain or someone from Spain visited us, for example. I don’t know how they do it. However, the rest of the year was not great, either. Not only did I fail to get to bed on time this year, but I ended up staying up later than I had in previous years.  The bottom line is we just plain bit off more than we could chew and we paid the price in tiredness. I haven’t decided whether or not I will make this a resolution for 2011. Maybe. Maybe not. Since it is now 10:34pm, I think I will sleep on it!

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

I'm proud of you for the debt thing! I know that our situation is a bit different, and I'm not too jealous knowing that, but I am a bit jealous. I think that will be our resolution for another 3 years unless we have a major windfall! :)

I love that you got so into hiking...I really loved your posts about it, too. It has made me want to do more like that around my own parts, but I might have to get some skis first!

Good night!