Thursday, January 24, 2013

January So Far

Happily 2013 has started out much  better than 2012 ended. Last week I had possibly the most wonderful choral experience of my life singing the Verdi Requiem with the Boston Symphony. I have sung several Requiems and honestly enjoyed them all, but this one was exceptional. I don’t know if it’s because Verdi make religious music lyrical and interesting to listen to, or if it’s just because it’s gorgeous, or if it’s because I first sang it under the baton of the amazing and talented Daniele Gatti. He brought some powerhouse Italian soloists with him which added an extra dimension of fabulousness. This piece is on the program this summer at Tanglewood, and I can only hope to be on that roster as well.

Here’s a little taste of our bass soloist…mmm, so looooow.

No comments: