Monday, January 01, 2007

Alaska Adventure 2006

Mom with the sled dogs
Emma, Paul, Mom and Ray with the sled dogs
Juan Carlos and Sage
Juan Carlos and Sage








Phebe and Stephen



Juan Carlos and I are slowly recovering from the flight from Alaska, where we spent our Christmas holiday, back to Boston. It was truly awful, but the trip was worth it. My sisters Sue and Emma came up as well, and both my parents arrived on Christmas day after they found out (at the airport!) that their Christmas Eve flight had been cancelled. Once we all arrived the fun began! My mother realized her dream of riding with an Iditarod dog sled team, my sister Emma and her fiance Paul had their engagement pictures taken, and probably the best part of the whole trip was meeting the newest members of the family, Phebe (6 months) and Stephen (3 months). Juan Carlos and I enjoyed the snow (it has been about four years since we saw any) and Ray and Kary's Bernese Mountain Dog, Sage. Juan Carlos earned the nickname of "dog whisperer" and "baby whisperer", since he taught Sage new tricks and quieted the fussy babies when noone else could. He also shoveled more snow than I have ever seen. We enjoyed being with family so much. I don't think that kind of Christmas will happen ever again, and I am so grateful that we were able to be with everyone at the holiday season.

Here are some pictures of our Alaska adventure.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

wow..so we both are in the digital age...but didn't know about the other's site...You're looking great! I have a movie recommendation for you...Check out North and South (BBC movie, 2004 I think) from your public library. You'll love it!

Lara Neves said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Who belongs to who? Phebe and Stephen, that is? They are adorable. And huge congrats to Emma!

PS: Can Juan Carlos please come and help me get Sophia to sleep?