Sunday, February 21, 2010

Boys in Boston

Yesterday we went to Boston to see the sights and go to the New England Aquarium. We drove to Forest Hills and took the subway in, just because when we drive in trauma usually ensues. Besides, riding the subway is fun. Most of the time. Here you can see Pedro and Juan Carlos at the wharf in Boston Harbor, just outside the aquarium, and also by the Custom House clock tower.
 IMG_0361 IMG_0362 IMG_0363
We had to wait in a really long line to get into the aquarium and the place was packed. I guess we weren’t the only ones that thought the aquarium was a good idea! Here are some pics of the beautiful animal life at the aquarium. The first couple of pictures are of the Leafy Seadragon, which we were suprised to learn was not a piece of floating seaweed. Unbelieveably cool.

IMG_0366 IMG_0372 IMG_0375 IMG_0376
Of course they were obsessed with the piranhas—boys will be boys! (Although I did also find them quite fascinating myself) The seahorses are in the next picture, Can you find them? They camouflage very well!
IMG_0378 IMG_0388 IMG_0390
These Rockhopper penguins were feeling a little warm so they were standing (or sleeping) in front of a fan. In February. Well, I guess if you are a penguin it makes sense.
IMG_0397
Here we are outside the Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall. We went to see the Great Hall but it was closed for maintenance! Wouldn’t you know!
IMG_0401
And of course Pedro couldn’t go home without the obligatory photo with Norm!
IMG_0402
It was great to have Pedro visit and great for JC to spend some time with one of his oldest friends. It also got us through another week of February. Only one left! We are actually feeling much better because the sun is out until about 5:30 now and we can walk and run outside again. It makes a difference, but we are going to be glad to see March arrive.
Next time I will be posting about all the ways I have maimed myself in the past week. Yes, maimed. Just in case you think I am too negative about February.
Till next time!

1 comment:

John and Sarah Thomas said...

I wish I was there. At least you have somewhere to get out to when you want to do something. Not much to do in Sanpete county. I can't wait for February to be over too. I am so ready for Spring and I am having a hard time excepting 40. but whether I like it or not it's coming and there is nothing I can do about it. Love, Sarah